3/4 c Sugar 2 ts Baking powder
1/4 c Butter or margarine 1/2 ts Salt
-at room temperature 1 c Uncooked apple slices
1 Egg 1 ts Cinnamon
1/2 c Milk 2 tb Sugar
1 1/2 c Flour, sifted
1. In a large mixing bowl, blend together sugar, butter and egg. Beat
until thoroughly blended.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
3. Stir milk into sugar-butter-egg mixture.
4. Add dry ingredients to milk mixture and stir until thoroughly
blended. 5. Spread batter into an 8-inch square, heat resistant, non-
6. Arrange apple slices in a design on top, pressing them slightly
into the batter.
7. Combine cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and sprinkle on top of
8. Heat, covered with clear plastic wrap, 5 minutes in Microwave Oven.
Uncover and heat an additional 4 minutes or until apples are tender
and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.