1 Pastry for single-crust pie
3 Slightly beaten eggs
15 oz Pumpkin
3/4 c Sugar
1/2 c Dark corn syrup
1 ts Vanilla
3/4 ts Ground cinnamon
1 c Chopped pecans
Whipped cream; (optional)
Ground cinnamon; (optional)
1. Prepare Pastry for Single-Crust Pie. On a lighdy floured surface roll
out dough to a 12-inch circle. Transfer pastry to a 9-inch pie plate. Ease
pastry into plate, being careful not to stretch it. Trim pastry edge and
2. For filling, in a mixing bowl combine eggs, pumpkin, sugar, corn syrup,
vanilla, and the 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon; mix well.
3. Place the pastry-lined pie plate on the oven rack. Carefully pour
filling into pastry shell.
4. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake in 350 degree oven for 50 to 55 minutes or
till knife inserted near center of pie comes out clean. Cool on a wire
5. Serve with whipped cream sprinkled with ground cinnamon, if desired.