1 tsp Dried Yeast 454 g Strong White Flour 1 tsp Salt 2 tsp Coarsely Ground
Black Pepper 190 ml Cold Water (approximately) Filling: 1 Red Onion (small
~ thinly sliced and soaked in iced water) 225 g Halloumi Cheese (cubed and
fried) 4 Plum Tomatoes (fresh – chopped) 1/4 Cucumber (peeled and diced) 1
tbsp Pitted Black Olives (roughly chopped) 1 tbsp Coriander (chopped) 1
tbsp Mint (chopped) 1 1/2 tbsp Virgin Olive Oil Dash Balsamic Vinegar Sea
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper Fresh Coriander (for garnish) Mixed
Salad (to serve)
1. Place all the dry ingredients in a food processor, slowly add the water
until the dough forms a ball. Process for 1 minute.
2. Then place the dough in a bowl, cover and leave for 3 hours in a warm
3. Punch the dough down and knead thoroughly for a few minutes. Leave it to
prove for another hour.
4. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 9 / 240?c / 475?f and heat a baking sheet.
5. Knead the dough again until it is pliable and has a satiny feel.
6. Divide into 12 equal balls. Roll them out thinly and cover them with a
damp cloth until you have used up all the dough.
7. Lay carefully on the hot baking sheet and bake for 2 – 4 minutes until
they are cooked.
8. Drain and dry the red onions, combine with the other filling ingredients
and dress with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
9. Season to taste and stuff the Nan.