3/4 c Butter Flavor Crisco
1 c Sugar, brown, firmly packed
1 c Bananas, mashed, ripe
– 2 to 3 medium
1 3/4 c Oats, quick, NOT instant or
– old fashioned
1 1/2 c Flour, all purpose
1 ts Salt
1 ts Cinnamon
1/2 ts Baking soda
1/4 ts Nutmeg
1/2 c Walnuts, coarsely chopped
-FROSTING [ OPTIONAL-
2 tb Butter Flavor Crisco
1/4 c Bananas, mashed
1 ts Lemon juice
2 c Sugar, confectioners
Walnuts, finely chopped opt.
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes Bake Time: 15 to 17 Minutes
1. Heat oven to 350 F. Grease baking sheet with Butter Flavor Crisco.
2. Cream 3/4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco and brown sugar in large bowl at
medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg. Add 1
cup mashed bananas. Mix until creamy.
3. Combine oats, flour, salt cinnamon, baking soda and nutmeg. Stir
into creamed mixture. Mix in 1/2 cup nuts. Drop 2 level measuring
tablespoonfuls of dough into a mound to form each cookie. Place 2
inches apart on baking sheet.
4. Bake at 350 for 15 to 17 minutes. Cool 1 minute on baking sheet.
Remove to cooling rack. Cool completely.
5. For frosting, Cream 2 tablespoons Butter Flavor Crisco, 1/4 cup
mashed bananas and lemon juice. Add confectioners sugar. Beat until
smooth. Frost cooled cookies. Sprinkle with finely chopped walnuts,
Makes 5 dozen 2 inch cookies.